Monday, February 8, 2010

Space

We need to go to space, if not physically, then at least in spirit. It is going to be a LOOOONG time before we will put a human on an extrasolar planet, and I of course do not expect to see this in my lifetime. It's so far out there, that I will venture to say that (at least at this moment in the history of mankind) traveling to a non-neighboring planet should not even be considered. However, we can do so much with what we have, and with what is within reach, even if only to robots, satellites and the like.

With as long as we have looked up into the sky and imagined what is 'out there,' now that we have better technology than ever before, it seems very few people even care about the 'out there' anymore. Sure, there are hobbyists and a few wondrous minds still out there, but the lack of news coverage regarding new exploration and discovery, and hence the lack of public awareness, is saddening. What was the last news you heard about our lost planet Pluto? Here's some new stuff, for those who haven't heard...
NASA
NASA
NASA
NASA

I don’t think I have an opinion on the specific course NASA is taking (by choice or otherwise) other than whatever the plan ultimately is, it can’t change every 3 years!


There is sooooo much more to say on the subject, but for now, I'll end on this. Look up something about space. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will usually do my best to respond as quickly as I can. I would like to encourage conversations between myself and others in this way, so please feel free to speak your mind!