Friday, March 19, 2010

Verizon Part IV – Disappointment, no Surprise

According to this message, left on March 5th, I was supposed to have received further communication from Verizon Wireless about the complaint I filed with the BBB about their mandatory data service fees for non-smart-phones/data-not-required-to-actually-use-phones. (See the FaceBook page for more info…) Today is day 14, business day 10, and while there may be 45 minutes left of today, I think it’s a safe bet that I won’t be receiving another call in time. Looks like I’ll have to be getting back to the BBB to follow up. Since it is Friday night, I’ll wait until Monday. I suppose there’s a chance I’ll get a call tomorrow, but I won’t hold my breath.

Besides, what are they going to tell me? “I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is, so deal with it.” That seems to be the only message others on the web are getting for their similar efforts.

As a slight correction/clarification to my previous post about Verizon, the message states ‘about 10 days’, and not within ten business days. I did not mention the ‘business’ part before, but in my head I had really made the assumption. Either way, today is at or beyond that limit.

3 comments:

  1. I dont know if it really matters to ATT but thats why I like having my mobile services with them. Side Note: I do have a data plan and have a smartphone so I do use the plan. Anyhow, I happen to have mobile, home phone, internet, and cable with ATT. Roughly a monthly total bill of $300 and anytime they give me grief or mess something up, I threaten to take ALL my business elsewhere. When in reality it would be a pain in the arse to switch all those services to new companies. Also, they are good to me....one lady told me a tech was coming out when I upgraded my internet pkg, I assured her that wasnt the case normally, but she insisted. So I ask the wife to stay home and wait....when no one showed up, I called to inquire/complain and without much from my part I was offered 6 months of a premium movie package for free as well as a free bump to next fastest DSL service for same 6 months. I think ATT and I have a mutual need for each other and probably wont end our relationship.....well until this summer when Sprint comes out with its 4G network and the HTC Evo 4G which is a phone and a portable wiFi hotspot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I really appreciate someone who uses data coming here and at least trying to understand the upset. It seems more often than not that the other anonymous people on the internet who have identified themselves as data users (as you have) are the ones who simply speak up to tell those of us who don't want it to 'just deal with it'/'stop whining'/'just go somewhere else'/'get a different phone'.

    As for your note about AT&T, I've spent some time looking at other providers, and since I haven't made up my mind yet, that is good info to have. Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, Verizon must not see our relationship as symbiotic as AT&T does yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will usually do my best to respond as quickly as I can. I would like to encourage conversations between myself and others in this way, so please feel free to speak your mind!