Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's in a Name?

For those of you who don't know me personally, my last name is Holden. What this means is there are ample opportunities to make some pun off of my name. I actually give some credit to kids in my past for coming up with some pretty witty snaps. (see bottom of post)

It also means that coming up with a suitable name for my son was tricky. I'll let you use your imagination for a moment, before I list some of the extentions of my last name I can recall.

Now don't get me wrong, I like my last name. And my whole name for that matter. I wouldn't change it, and I don't go by any nicknames. I just wanted to point out the immature humor of it all.

Bad first names (assume Holden after each):
Peter; Richard (Dick); Bill/William (Willy)

Bad associated last names (when added to Holden):
Johnson; Bohn; Peters; Dixon

And of course innumerable puns about everything. "Look! I'm Holden my phone! lol"

1 comment:

  1. I am fond of Peter Holden. Strong name!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will usually do my best to respond as quickly as I can. I would like to encourage conversations between myself and others in this way, so please feel free to speak your mind!